Click !

Friday 19 July 2013

Acknowledgements


First and foremost, I would like to extend my utmost gratitude to the University of British Columbia (UBC) for sponsoring me to attend the IBWSC. Never in my life I have expected to set foot in a country half a globe away from where I currently reside, sponsored. UBC had also provided me with instructions to the finest detail when it comes to ensure that there will be no complications for my arrival in July. Their thoughtful and efficient measures are overwhelming. Through this, UBC foreshadows great culture and hospitality in which I am about to witness.

Next, a great thank you to the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) for their efforts in organizing and bringing back IBWSC once more. I believe that this conference will be a wonderful, life-changing experience for me, and a chance to meet great people from all around the globe who share the same drive and passion for sustainability.

I would also like to extend a great thank you to Fairview International School for making this trip possible in the first place. My seniors - students who were IBWSC participants last year - provided excellent reviews and shared amazing experiences with me which sparked and inspired me to register for this. Also, here's a personal great thanks to Dr Vincent Chian, my DP Director, for advices and tips regarding this trip.

I would like to thank my parents and family too, for providing me moral support back home, even though I would not hesitate to take them along with me if circumstances would permit.


No comments:

Post a Comment